YouTube has chosen 20 African content material creators, 8 of which come from South Africa, to obtain grants as a part of their world #YouTubeBlackVoices Fund.
The $100-million fund was put collectively to advertise black artists and content material creators over the subsequent three years so they might produce and showcase their work on the platform.
The firm picked 132 creators for their “Class of 2021” from the world over.
“We’re excited to spotlight black creatives from the African continent and amplify their voices as they create original content on our platform,” says Alex Okosi of MD, rising markets at YouTube EMEA.
The content material creators vary from vogue commentators to comedians to studying and wellness. The range represents the unbelievable selection YouTube, as a free streaming platform, provides.
The 8 content material creators from South Africa are:
- Nicolette Mashile, who runs Financial Bunny, a web page devoted to monetary literacy for all.
- Kay Ngonyama, who runs a profitable vlog protecting every little thing from make-up tutorials to product evaluations.
- Lasizwe Dambuza, who runs a channel devoted to comedy skits and characters.
- MacG, a reside podcast channel the place MacG interviews high South African personalities on every kind of subjects.
- Ofentse and Nelisiwe Mwase, is a homegrown manufacturing firm run by married couple Ofentse and Nelisiwe Mwase and places out native short-form sequence.
- Owamie Hlongwane, a life-style and make-up channel run produced and directed by Owamie a self-proclaimed (*8*)
- Thato Rampedi, calling himself “South Africa’s favourite Youtuber”, Rampedi covers every little thing college students must know.
- Naledi Monamodi, runs Toast with Naledi, a vlog that covers her life, television recaps and life tales.